pub-8352163487856224

Monday 27 September 2021

Emotional wall

 I passed my time by watching Tiktok. My FYP has a lot of video varieties. I came across a video that explains why a relationship fails. 

What is an emotional wall? An emotional wall is when you feel detached from what is happening around you. What brings you joy, no longer brings you joy or any kind of emotion. This is when you stopped feeling anything at all.

Signs that you are losing emotional connection in your relationship

1. No meaningful conversation

2. Conversations turns to arguments

3. Impatience and irritability

4. Constant misunderstanding and misinterpretation

5. No longer interested in each other's interests

I could not believe that a 40-second video can summarize the current state of my relationship.

Now that I know what we are both dealing with, the more reason for me to be there for him. I know how it feels to be left with your own thoughts. I want my partner to know and feel that I am with him not only in happy times but most especially during his dark times.

It is important to reach out to people you trust especially when you are burnt out. Being alone is quite tempting but it is not good in the long run. Having someone to talk to is actually liberating especially when you realized that they can relate to what you are going through.

There is a way to break that emotional wall he built between us. It is to rebuild the connection we once had. It takes a lot of work but I have a sledgehammer with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...