pub-8352163487856224

Monday 17 September 2012

Let's Move & Let's Love

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
Audrey Hepburn 




Year 2003, my dad got confined in the hospital for 3 months and it was the longest 3 months of our lives. We literally lived in the hospital. We come home just to shower then I go to work and my sister goes to school. After work and school, we go straight to the hospital. After 3 months of battling his illness, my dad died, 6 days before my birthday and 7 days before their wedding anniversary.

Since my dad's death, our family grew closer. We made sure that we communicate. Health is one of our major concerns. We had annual check-up and if we feel something is wrong, we go to clinic to have ourselves check.

Last month, I went home for vacation. I was reunited with my family after 2 years and 4 months. Like any balikbayan, my family & I went shopping, watched Filipino movies, went to the spa and dine out. 

I needed an eye check-up, so I asked my mom and sisters to accompany me. My youngest sister had an eye check-up as well. The ophthalmologist checked my sister's eyes and said that my sister is suffering from a cataract. It was a heartbreaking news. The doctor said that my sister, Joy who has Down Syndrome, needs an eye operation. Her right eye is almost blind. 

Ate will miss you Bunso!
I can not and will not let my sister to go blind. I want her to still see me when I come back home. We decided to proceed with the eye operation. We can not save Joy's right eye but we can still save her left eye. 


By the end of this month, Joy will undergo an operation and we hope and pray that it will be a successful one. 

We act and move because we love my sister. Let's Move & Let's Love.



Benetton just released their new fragrance called Let's Move for Men and Let's Love for Women.

Check Benetton to know more about these new perfumes.

Do you have an act of love you want to share? I love to hear them.

Speak to you soon.

xoxo,
Katey

2 comments:

  1. You are a very strong girl, this is such a moving story. I can see your family is very close which is very heartwarming. Keep well and take care of yourself too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Plumi! Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I need to be strong for my family.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...