pub-8352163487856224

Friday 20 July 2012

Pinay & Proud

What makes you Pinay and Proud?

This question should be easy but with all that is happening in our country, this question made it difficult to answer. 

I have been working for 5 years in Qatar. Most Middle East countries considered woman a second class citizen. But I am lucky to be in Qatar as Women Empowerment is encouraged here. You will see Qatari ladies working and are very visible in the community.

A lot has changed in the world in general. Women are making their mark in the society. So, who inspires me? This is easy!!! My Mommy. :) But I have decided to dedicate this post to my fellow Overseas Filipino Worker with whom I am working with. 

Ladies.... presenting.. THE BEAN GIRLS.. (we share the same passion for coffee... get it?) lol


Charisse, Gina, January, Analyn, (Ariel), Raquel, ME, (August), Maribel
These ladies inspire me!!


Charisse: Meetings & Events Sales Manager
Gina: Reservations Manager (soon to be Revenue Manager)
January: HR & Recruitment Co-ordinator
Analyn: Accounts Receivable
Raquel: PR Manager
Maribel: Club Floor Manager
(Ariel): Food Safety and Quality Manager

Most often than not, Filipinos are not given the opportunity to grow professionally. Let's admit it, even if we are qualified employees or applicants, some companies (especially in abroad) prefer to employ Caucasian. In this new world, racism still exists. This will not stop us, especially me, to be the best that I am. Most of the time, I surprise people with my performance, capabilities and abilities. To be considered a Hi-Po employee (not hippo the animal but Hi-Po meaning High Potential) is a testament that we, Filipinos, are good workers, passionate, self-motivated and dedicated people. 

Sad stories about misrepresenting our country will always be there but we need to show that not all Filipinos are like that. 

crazy ladies... lol
I am always inspired by my friends to be the best that I can be.

Strutting our way to SUCCESS!

PINAY & PROUD!!!

Speak to you soon.

xoxo,
Katey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...